Search Engine Optimization plays a vital role in the changing digital marketing scenario. It has become an indispensible tool for getting higher organic traffic and getting regular indexing your website on different search engines.
SEO Optimization aims at finding your site and pages, and helps them follow best practices to rank it higher in accordance to appropriateness of the targeted search terms.
But sometimes the websites fails to do so, which is why, it is recommended to prepare SEO checklist before launching your website online. Your website is the online asset for your business and considering it useless will definitely affect your income.
Be a little wise! Tune, maintain, test and monitor your optimization program continuously for better search visibility and maximum traffic and leads.
Below are four feasible short-cuts to optimize your website for current marketing trends. Use this as your top-level SEO checklist.
Step 1: Business and Target Market analysis
- Customer Targeting: This analysis will help you nominate the best keywords for your website. You need to develop targeting the potential customers, keeping in mind the terms, design, navigation and other UX things that will keep your customer find you engaging.
- Keyword Sorting & Searching: Do proper keyword research based on priority and geographical preferences. Cross-check few common questions: What would you Google to find your website or business? Collect reviews and feedback from would help your site grow bigger and better.
- Website Analysis: Analysis of targeted keywords, Meta tags, visible text and all programmed codes makes search engine optimization simple and easier. This will also help in identifying how well you are positioned in search engine. To understand the con concept, take for an example of a comparison between number of codes and text on your webpage or may be the hierarchy structure of the webpages.
- Competitor Analysis: Analysis of targeted keywords and search engine ranking of competitive websites can help you determine an effective SEO strategy. Select the top-five results from Google search ranking to begin the optimization process. Add other webmaster tools and techniques such as com and Keywordspy.com etc., and design a sure-fire method to hit the market.
Step 2: Content Development & Keywords, On-page & Link Building
- Keyword Analysis: After sorting most searched keyword list, you need to identify a targeted list of keywords or phrases that your customers most search for. Review all the competitive terms and phrases which rank on top. Use Google Keywords Planner tool to determine an indicative number of search engine queries, trend and estimated. Create a list of top-searched keywords and phrases, long-tail keywords, plurals, singulars and misspelling (as needed). Some user misspell the keyword, but Google shows results for the. So, if you wish to rank well optimize the keywords.
- Create Keyword Rich Page Titles: Feed keywords in content titles first. Keyword rich page titles and article titles give direction to the keyword and helps in establishing an impressive page theme.
- Write Meta Tags: Content optimization can be done easily writing Meta tags. Meta title and Meta description cannot help in increasing rank in Google, but it rather helps in improving click-through to the website.
- Place Specific Keywords On Targeted Pages: To make your website pages visible on web, integrating specific keywords, phrases and search terms in source code is extremely important. Use this trick to all pages or designated page only, which you want to get better ranking. Make sure to apply a suggested guideline of one to three keywords/phrases per content page and add more pages to complete the list. Ensure the feed keywords look natural. It will help the robot to crawl easily and make the search engine understand what this specific page is all about. This is simple and easy way to use white hat SEO tactics in your website.
- Fix The On-page Issues: Search engines can index website with developed and easy-to-crawl sitemaps. Adding new sitemaps to Google and Bing can help in indexing content page on top-result. Always prefer XML and HTML versions, XML sitemaps can be easily submitted via Google and Bing webmasters tools. Verifying your website different search engine webmaster tools also helps you find the SEO health of your site. Apart from this you need to fix on the onpage issues like, page load time, text to html ration, mobile friendly, permalink structure, image alt text, interlinking etc. for better search visibility.
- Build Backlinks: Backlinks was, is and will be the most important factor to build online visibility for any website. Getting backlink to your website is the most important procedure to increase your search engine authority. Backlinks get your site indexed by search engine. A better and faster way to increase backlink is to submit the content in top searched directories, bookmarking and business listing sites. You can also reach bloggers and submit guest post for contextual link building for your site. Else you can reach any good internet marketing company to help you build quality backlinks for website.
Step 3: Continuous Tuning and Monitoring
- Prepare a Ranking Excel Sheet: If you wish to regulate website ranking on search engine, begin with a baseline ranking assessment. Analyze the base ranks, prepare an excel sheet and feed all the details. This will help to graph the growth or drop of the keywords for your website. For first few months update it weekly, and then evaluate the changes after 3-4 weeks. You will see an improvement in website traffic, which is a key indicator of improvement in your website. Analyzing click traffic on your website will give an idea on how to SEO your website. And if you do not see the growth
- Set Goals and Objectives: Defining your goals and objectives in advance acts as best ROI booster. When you set your standard and future prospects from the baseline ranking, evaluating growth could be very easy and simple. Don’t skip this step; add it as an elemental part of basic SEO checklist. Take for an example: Suppose you want to increase your conversion from one percent to five percent in next two months, or, you want improve your baseline of 200 visitors to 300 visitors within next 30 days, set a standard benchmark for it. Go deep in pages and services and products for getting better insight.
- Check and Evaluate: Keep a record of page ranking, search density, ROI and web traffic in an excel sheet. It will help you determine the effectiveness of changes you have implemented and their response rate in a given period of time. Test and evaluate the changes on regular basis. Never forget to include this step in your basic SEO checklist.
- Proper Maintenance and Monitoring: With the implementation of best set of keywords, contents and advanced optimization, you can easily visualize the improvement on the website. However, to avoid any downfall or decline it is always advisable to build maintenance in your SEO habit. Do proper justice with your efforts, so that you can receive continuous inbound and outbound links relevant to your business and increase traffic. For simple and short method, post blogs content with proper keyword density and necessary structure. Also, keep in touch with latest trends and tactics that are ruling over.
In a Nutshell:
Search Engine Optimization is highly important for any website and businesses in current competition. Possibly, there might be many changes that can rule over with search engine algorithm, so get prepared early. If you are still unaware about how to SEO your website, ask for professional and masters in this field.